The Late 20s Club



 Kia Ora! Kaja nga ai i? Mingalar bar πŸ‘‹πŸ˜‡


Hello, my dear friends and family from near and far. I hope you’re keeping well. 


Sending you positive vibes, prayers and good wishes. My goodness! We’ve already gone through mid-year. I Feel like a lot of things have happened in the last six months, but at the same time, I am going nowhere. At times like this, I know I have to sit down and reflect on where that feeling comes from; hence, time for another blog. 





My last six months of life mainly revolved around studies, work and other commitments here and there. I don’t feel I have invested much effort in personal development and success, which is not the worse thing. This blog is a gentle reminder to ourselves that it’s okay to have that stage of your life. Pull up your sleeves if you hate it that much because we can change things around.


  





I could say life is somewhat comfortable for me at this minute. What more could I want out of this life? I could stop there and be content with my current circumstances, but I want more, and I could do more. I could be more productive and efficient with my time, and energy. I recognized I have been so fortunate and blessed to dream big and have the resources and capabilities to go after what I want. I do not want to let it waste. 

So far, I have accomplished a degree, looked after myself well and have a stable job to put food on the table and a roof over my head. I am grateful to have a healthy body and a safe environment. Compared to the early crazy years in the early to mid-20s, the dust has settled so I am thinking or planning the next phase of my life. 

I want to be debt-free and have financial freedom so I travel the world and make positive impacts. Yes, the ultimate goal is to become crazy rich and become a philanthropist. That seems a bit far-fetched you may say, but I would rather try instead of being an average joe. Manifesting my dream life to the world. 



Apart from wanting to be a billionaire and a Dora the Explorer, I want to be genuinely happy too. Happiness to me is doing something fulfilling, making a meaningful connection and going after what I desire in life. Letting go of things I can not control. Saying no and stopping to be a people-pleaser. Moving on from toxic relationships and environments. Having fewer expectations from people and giving without expectations. Again, not comparing myself with other people’s success and achievements if it does not serve me any good.


Remember the growth mindset I mentioned in previous blogs? That can still be applied even in your late 20s, and let’s not forget this when we’re in the 40s or 50s too. The great thing about being in your late 20s is that you can still wake up every morning and try new things. You can reinvent your mindset, beliefs and habits. You are free to become great and learn some new skill sets. Yes, you can still change your career and do something that makes you fulfilled. At least, that’s what I am telling myself right now. 




Now shall we address the elephant in the room? When you’re getting close to your 30s, the societal expectation of females comes knocking on your door and asking: when I say society – ‘mainly the concerned aunties and relatives who keep questioning ‘do you not think about getting married and having children?’. This is an unavoidable question, especially when you are a female, so it forced me to think if I want a traditional marriage and have children? Science says age affects fertility and pregnancy, but the bigger question is, would I be fulfilled? I don’t have the answer for now.

 

So the primary purpose of this blog entry is to remind me that I should not be scared or worried about getting old. Let’s embrace getting old and not worry about it too much. It’ll just add more wrinkles probably. So if you are in your late 20s or getting close to your late 20s, let me tell you- things aren’t that bad. The late 20s can be scary, but also, you’re still young. Sure, it can be confusing to see your friends getting married, buying a house, getting promotions and climbing the corporate ladder, but nothing is happening to you. Please, can we stop comparing ourselves to others and have more self-compassion. Everyone is on their own unique journey and timeline. Your time will come. 


Well, my friend, all I can say is you do what makes you happy. Do what makes you fulfilled. When things get too much, go for a walk, find a support group, stay connected and don’t isolate yourself. Please encourage each other so we can continue to create the best version of ourselves. 

πŸ™†πŸ™†πŸ™†




Comments

  1. Loved ur blog. U are millions of years ahead. JULY. I m just getting there. But then my generation, my upbringing n family values entrenched upon us were different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you my friend. I hope you have the courage to be a little selfish sometimes and do somethings that brings you joy in life too. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts